1.0 Assistance Request
If you have any problems with your OpenShutters product, contact the service/product provider (eg supplier, dealer, distributor, installation contractor or other service provider) from whom you purchased your product.
If the supplier is unknown to you or not available contact OpenShutters directly via:
Mail Factory 3, 6 Hereford Street, Berkeley Vale NSW 2261
PO Box 5203, Chittaway Bay NSW 2261
Phone 02 4389 8966
Fax 02 4389 8310
To help us respond quickly to your Request, please provide the following:
- Proof of purchase (eg tax invoice or receipt);
- Your contact details;
- Description of the product and the problem (photos are helpful);
- The address where the product can be inspected.
Note - the problem could relate to design, installation or manufacture
2.0 Our Response
- We will acknowledge your request.
- We will investigate your claim, and begin any required action within thirty (30) days after notification. Costs of making a claim under this warranty are at the claimant's expense.
- Onsite inspection will incur a fee which will be reimbursed should a warranty defect be established.
Note - Replacement parts may not be an aesthetic match to the original.
3.0 What is and isn't Covered by this Warranty
3.1 Timber / Wood
Products manufactured from natural materials such as timber/wood will display certain characteristics such as grain patterns or blemishes which are part of their inherent beauty and give unique qualities. These are not defects.
3.2 Variations, Finishes and Environmental Factors
Our wood/timber, paint and finishes are all carefully selected for their high quality, function and application. Natural products and paint/stain finishes may be impacted by a range of factors and the following items are not covered by this Warranty:
- Colour variations which may occur between different batches of paint or stain;
- Naturally occurring variations in appearance created by artificial or natural lighting;
- Moisture, heat, light, exposure to weather;
- Environmental conditions such as pollutants, acid rain or other corrosive substances, which may impact on finishes or cause corrosion of aluminium or other components;
- Damage, corrosion, wear, deterioration or failure of standard components in sea coast applications (within 5km of coastal waters) or other such climate conditions.
Note - Samples are a representation of our workmanship and standard products and are not a prototype of custom-ordered products.
- This warranty covers any defects in the manufacture of the original product.
- Items not covered under this warranty include:
- Fittings not manufactured by OpenShutters such as hinges, locksets, catches etc;
- Condensation or damage as a result of condensation;
- Damage caused by lack of maintenance, wear and tear and/or misuse;
- Work completed by others.
- Products produced within standard manufacturing tolerances are not defects, neither are industry variations in the colour of aluminium and timber components.
Note - See material data sheets and Care & Maintenance Guidelines at www.openshutters.com.au.
These documents are produced in accordance with Australian Consumer Law.